Reopening of AACF Offices COVID-19 Guidance
More Links for Information Regarding COVID-19
REOPENING OF AACF OFFICES-COVID-19 GUIDANCE
Drawing on guidance from the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS), the State of North Carolina, Governor Roy Cooper, DCDEE, NCPC and all relevant partners across the state, Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families, Inc. is implementing measures to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19. The goal of this guidance is to protect employees and their families, especially those who may be at higher risk or have underlying medical conditions and inform the public and our staff of the expectations as we begin to join in Phase II reopening of the state.
AACF will post signage on doors at the Elizabeth City office as well as inside of our office with the following information:
- a reminder of social distancing and to stay 6 feet apart
- request that symptomatic individuals or those with individuals in their home who are symptomatic not enter the building
- a recommendation that face masks be worn in public areas of the building
- appropriate handwashing procedures
- appropriate way to wear a face mask
Cleaning & Disinfecting:
In addition to thorough office cleaning every other week, AACF has had the offices professionally cleaned by a certified cleaner that deals with eliminating the COVID-19 virus. AACF will frequently clean and disinfect high traffic areas of the office (this includes doorknobs, sink handles, the copy machine, etc.). All staff will be expected to take part in regular cleaning and disinfecting. Appropriate cleaning products will be available. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of the office and soap and paper towels will be available in restrooms and in the break area by the sink.
AACF continues to promote teleworking, when possible and as your job duties allow, at least, through Governor Cooper’s established Phase 3 of NC’s Reopening Plan. The AACF office will remain closed to the public until it is deemed safe to reopen. Conversely, AACF is consistently staffed by the AACF Administrative Assistant as well as other staff at least 2 days per week. Even though teleworking is still encouraged by Governor Cooper, AACF staff have begun a staggered return to the office according to an established schedule.
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure the safety of our entire staff.
- Face masks/coverings are highly recommended in public areas of the office. AACF will provide face masks to staff who need them or anyone that may enter our building.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and remember you may telework when you need to do so or use your PTO.
- If you or someone in your household is symptomatic, do not enter the office
- If you or someone in your household is diagnosed with COVID-19, please notify the AACF Executive Director immediately. In the event of a diagnosis, AACF will implement a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the office space. If you or someone in your household is diagnosed with COVID-19, it is recommended that you remain at home for 14 days (at a minimum). You may return to the office after a negative follow-up test and/or a minimum of 14
· In the event of a positive COVID-19 test, AACF will consult with the local officials to ensure additional measures are taken to prevent the spread of the illness. All staff will be informed and encouraged to take precautionary measures, if needed.
As needed, AACF will adapt this document in accordance with guidance from NC DHHS, the State of North Carolina, Governor Roy Cooper, DCDEE, NCPC and all relevant partners across the state. Please direct any questions to Angela Langdon-Charlton, Executive Director of Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families, Inc. email@example.com or 252-333-1233 ext. 101 or 919-280-9578 (cell).
We offer training opportunities for early education and school-age
Check to see what trainings are available!
How You Can Help.
There are countless ways to get involved with our organization. If you’re the type that likes to see the fruits of your labor, check out our volunteer opportunities where you can directly affect those we serve. We also appreciate those that may not have the time but have the wherewithal to make a difference financially. If you’re interested in seeing what’s going on, visit our calendar of events.
What people are Saying about AACF
“Thank God you did this for us…”
Albemarle Alliance had a safety day and the fire department, police department, the Elks club and other sponsors were doing a carseat give away. This could not have come at a more perfect time. My man lost his job in April and was wrongfully denied unemployment while he looked for a job. My daughter turns 2 on the 22nd and desperately needed to upgrade her carseat. It's hard to do with NO MONEY. Thank God you did this for us and many other families. I'm gonna speak for everyone and say thank you to everyone involved. And a big thank you to Faith for informing our support group for my family's needs being met.
- Client -
“…an Amazing program…”
I have been taking the incredible years program with Kathy and Jennifer, we are on week 9 I believe. I am so sad to know that we are half way done. It's an amazing program with wonderful teachers, they always remember what we (the class) have had issues with the previous week and ask, how it's coming along. They give us amazing advice or ways to handle different situations. They make you think, which is good.
The group discussion have been a blessing as well, I have met amazing local parents who I can lean on for support. I know we will be friends long after the program is over.
Thank you for the wonderful program and the teachers. I recommend anyone who is thinking about taking the program, should. It's been so helpful! The way I parent my 2.5 year old and my 4 month old have completely changed (for the better).
- Client -
“Our Family LOVES the programs…”
Our entire family LOVES the programs of AACF! We have been impressed by the facilitator at workshops and we absolutely ADORE Jenna with Parents As Teachers!
- Client -
“…a great resource…”
I would advise first time moms especially to contact this wonderful organization. They are a great resource and have lots of great information for all parents!!!
- Client -
“…they offer many programs…”
Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families has helped me in a couple ways...first they offer many programs such as Safecare which I love. Also they offer free car seats for kids which so awesome... Before this year I had no idea AACF existed.
- Client -
“A Wonderful Organization!”
I cannot thank Jenna and Angie enough! A wonderful organization!
- Client -