Scholarship Application Process
Parent Regulations Child Care Scholarship Approval Process
Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families (AACF) is the administering agency for the Child Care Scholarship program. Applications will be reviewed by the Child Care Scholarship Coordinator according to guidelines outlined within the Procedures Manual. The Child Care Scholarship Coordinator will review each application before a family is approved to participate in the program.
Overview of Child Care Scholarship Family Guidelines
- Families may choose any three, four or five star licensed program.
- All Child Care Scholarship recipients must report a change in their income/work/ school/ household size/address to AACF’s Child Care Scholarship Coordinator within five (5) business days of the change.
- Submitting inaccurate information or falsifying documents to qualify for the Child Care Scholarship may result in immediate termination from the program and possible legal action.
- The Child Care Scholarship may be terminated if the child is absent for more than five (5) days during the month without an excuse.
- If a child receiving a Scholarship will attend Head Start, NC Pre-K, or public school pre-kindergarten or kindergarten in the upcoming year; the parent/guardian is responsible for notifying the AACF Child Care Scholarship Coordinator of the start date. No Scholarship funds will be paid to the child care provider after the child begins attending one of the above programs.
Preliminary Application Process
A Child Care Scholarship may be provided to families demonstrating a need for child care who have been determined eligible for services, according to the guidelines established in the Child Care Scholarship Procedures Manual. Potential applicants who inquire about the Child Care Scholarship program will be provided a Child Care Scholarship Application to complete. The following conditions must be met in order to be eligible for a Child Care Scholarship.
1. Eligible County Resident
- An applicant requesting a Child Care Scholarship must be a resident of either Bertie, Camden, Currituck, Gates or Pasquotank Counties, North Carolina.
- Proof of address will be required in order to determine residency in Bertie, Camden, Currituck, Gates or Pasquotank Counties. A copy of a utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, driver’s license, Medicaid cards, etc. in the applicant’s name would be acceptable forms of documentation.
2. Citizenship Requirement
One of the following citizenship criteria must be met in order to qualify for a Child Care Scholarship:
- Applicant is a U.S. Citizen;
- Child(ren) is a U.S. citizen;
- Applicant or child is a legal U.S. non-citizen residing in U.S. legally. The applicant’s statement regarding citizenship is accepted.
3. Age of the Child
A child must be between 0 – 5 years of age. When a child becomes eligible for kindergarten services in private or public school (turns age five (5) on or before or August 31 of that school year), the Child Care Scholarship will terminate.
4. Income Eligibility
Applicants will submit information on income as required per child care policy.
Formal Application Process
An appointment will be set with the applicant(s) to sign necessary forms and to receive a Child Care Voucher providing funds are available. Once a family has been determined eligible according to the information gathered during the intake application process, the applicant will complete a Child Care Scholarship Application.
AACF will follow a rolling application process which means that applications can roll into the next fiscal year assuming that funds are still available. In almost all situations, eligibility is valid for twelve (12) months for child care services provided the parent/child/responsible adult remains eligible and that funds are still available. The twelve month period of eligibility begins on the date the application is signed.
In special situations a parent/responsible adult may be given an eligibility period of less than twelve (12) months when the need for care supports an abbreviated eligibility period. For example, child care may be approved for less than 12 months when parent/responsible adult requests child care services for a child who will soon enter kindergarten.
How You Can Help.
There are countless ways to get involved with our organization. If you’re the type that likes to see the fruits of your labor, check out our volunteer opportunities where you can directly affect those we serve. We also appreciate those that may not have the time but have the wherewithal to make a difference financially. If you’re interested in seeing what’s going on, visit our calendar of events.
What people are Saying about AACF
“Thank God you did this for us…”
Albemarle Alliance had a safety day and the fire department, police department, the Elks club and other sponsors were doing a carseat give away. This could not have come at a more perfect time. My man lost his job in April and was wrongfully denied unemployment while he looked for a job. My daughter turns 2 on the 22nd and desperately needed to upgrade her carseat. It's hard to do with NO MONEY. Thank God you did this for us and many other families. I'm gonna speak for everyone and say thank you to everyone involved. And a big thank you to Faith for informing our support group for my family's needs being met.
- Client -
“…an Amazing program…”
I have been taking the incredible years program with Kathy and Jennifer, we are on week 9 I believe. I am so sad to know that we are half way done. It's an amazing program with wonderful teachers, they always remember what we (the class) have had issues with the previous week and ask, how it's coming along. They give us amazing advice or ways to handle different situations. They make you think, which is good.
The group discussion have been a blessing as well, I have met amazing local parents who I can lean on for support. I know we will be friends long after the program is over.
Thank you for the wonderful program and the teachers. I recommend anyone who is thinking about taking the program, should. It's been so helpful! The way I parent my 2.5 year old and my 4 month old have completely changed (for the better).
- Client -
“Our Family LOVES the programs…”
Our entire family LOVES the programs of AACF! We have been impressed by the facilitator at workshops and we absolutely ADORE Jenna with Parents As Teachers!
- Client -
“…a great resource…”
I would advise first time moms especially to contact this wonderful organization. They are a great resource and have lots of great information for all parents!!!
- Client -
“…they offer many programs…”
Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families has helped me in a couple ways...first they offer many programs such as Safecare which I love. Also they offer free car seats for kids which so awesome... Before this year I had no idea AACF existed.
- Client -
“A Wonderful Organization!”
I cannot thank Jenna and Angie enough! A wonderful organization!
- Client -