AACF Training Guidelines
Training Registration Guidelines for 2018-2019 Fiscal Year
As a reminder, the following information outlines the guidelines for registration and attendance to workshops offered by Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families.
Workshop Registration and Payment
- In order to secure a space in the workshop(s) for which you have registered, the workshop registration form and any required fee(s) must be paid in advance and received at the Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families Office no later than 3 days prior to the training date.
- Workshop registration forms received by fax will NOT secure or reserve a space.
- There is a limit of eight participants per center/facility for each training and may be further restricted if the need arises in any of the Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families workshops.
- The fee for a duplicate certificatewill be $5.00. We keep training information on file for 3 years.
- You may register for any of the workshops by mail or coming to our office. Please do not send cash in the mail. We accept cash or checks only. The address for our office at the Edgewood Center is:
Albemarle Alliance for Children and Families
1403 Parkview Drive
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
- When registering by mail, please complete the registration form below. Enclose the payment for the required fee(s) and send to the address above.
- Register early. Some workshops fill up quickly. If the workshop you are interested in is full, your name may be added to a waiting list in case there is cancellation. After registering for a workshop, note the information on your calendar. We do not call with reminders unless the location or the time of the training has changed.
- No payment will be accepted at the training event.
- If you register for a workshop, please plan to attend.
- If you cannot attend, please call us to have your fee applied to another workshop of your choice. You must call and cancel your attendance within two days of the training. Your fee credit must be used within that particular training calendar period.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable. Failure to cancel according to this policy will result in forfeiture of your registration fee.Sometimes, a workshop may be cancelled. In that case, you will be notified if you are a paid registrant.
- Only registered participants may attend trainings.
- NEW POLICY – All attendees must present photo ID.
- If you attend a workshop that you have not registered for and/or have not paid the required fee(s)to attend, you will be asked to wait until all registered attendees arrive and check in. At that time, the CCR&R Staff will determine if there is space available in this workshop.
- If a fee is due and you are allowed to attend, no certificate of attendance will be given at this workshop. The certificate of attendance will be mailed to you AFTER the required registration form and fee have been received.
- Please do not bring other people with you to the training if they have not registered.
- Workshops are not an appropriate environment for children. Children will not be allowed to attend workshops.
- As cell phones are very distracting, please turn them off or put them on vibrate during the workshop. If you must call someone or take a call, please leave the training.
- Arrive on time! Out of respect for the presenter and others present, no one will be allowed to enter if they are more than 15 minutes late. In addition, if you leave early you will not receive the training credits for the workshop or a refund.
- Participants are asked to be respectful of everyone in attendance. Please refrain from any behavior that would be considered offensive.Should there be information that you disagree with, we ask that you discuss this with the presenter in private.
Participants who do not follow the above guidelines will not be permitted to attend future workshops.
Thank you for your cooperation!
How You Can Help.
There are countless ways to get involved with our organization. If you’re the type that likes to see the fruits of your labor, check out our volunteer opportunities where you can directly affect those we serve. We also appreciate those that may not have the time but have the wherewithal to make a difference financially. If you’re interested in seeing what’s going on, visit our calendar of events.